iMethods is currently seeking a full time SQL Server DBA for a healthcare client in Jacksonville, Florida. Candidate must possess healthcare experience.
- Manage SQL databases in development, QA and production environments
- Resolve all database-related issues
- Monitor databases both from a performance and capacity management perspective
- Perform database maintenance activities such as backup/recovery and rebuilding/reorganizing indexes
- Ensure that all database releases are assessed and measured from a functionality and performance perspective
- Provide technical expertise on all database design (Logical and Physical modeling) and development project
- Demonstrate SQL Development(T-SQL) expertise related to performance tuning of database schema, stored procedures, etc.
- Create and schedule SQL Server agent jobs.
- Set-up and manage fail-over clusters (in partnership with Infrastructure)
- Develop packages, database mirroring, and replications
- Automate database management activities using PowerShell and other technologies
- Perform system monitoring, metric reporting, and diagnostics
- Worked in an Allscripts TouchWorks environment