iMethods is currently seeking an Oncology Informaticist for a healthcare client in the greater Los Angeles area. This is a full time position that would require someone to live in the area or relocate. Client will consider contract to hire.
The Oncology Informaticist is responsible for communicating, collaborating and working with Oncology staff and IT teams to design and continuously improve Cerner Oncology build and related IT endeavors. Applicant will work closely with physicians, nurses, hospital administration and IT counterparts on a day-to-day basis.
The oncology informaticist will report through clinical operations with a primary responsibility to serve as an operations/IT liaison through Cerner upgrades, system changes and enhancements, and ongoing system maintenance, which can include system testing, troubleshooting, issue management, training and go-lives.
• Demonstrates advanced Oncology and Ambulatory workflow (Provider, Nursing, Front Office, Ancillary staff, Lab, Radiology, Pharmacy, Medication Administration and other Orders workflows)
• Drives development of future state workflows leveraging clinical and application knowledge
• Educates clinicians and front office staff on appropriate system use and promotes positive experience of oncology solution
• Self-starter with ability to identify opportunities for improvement and drive change initiatives
• Strong presentation skills to executives and chief clinicians
• Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Ambulatory venue (Provider Volumes, Clinic cycle times (throughput measurement), patient wait times, etc.).
• At least 2 years Health Care Information Technology work experience and/or
• At least 5 years Licensed Clinical or Health Care work experience