iMethods is currently seeking a Cerner Charge Orders Analyst for a client hospital in central Ohio. This is a consulting position that will last approximately 4 months. It will require onsite Monday-Thursday.
The Cerner Charge Orders Analyst is responsible for supporting hospital charge capture and revenue improvement initiatives. Collaborates with clinical, charge entry, medical records, coding, billing and information systems staff in order to ensure accuracy in charging. This consultant will work with current analysts to teach correct Cerner work flow and then help them to build and configure. Must have the ability to access the current charge services report, understand it and then correct problems associated with it.Supports and enhances the compliance efforts of the hospital by adhering to regulatory, departmental and organizational guidelines related to charging for services.
1. B.S. degree in Health Science (for example Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Finance) or High School Diploma with six (6) years of work-related experience. 2. Coding background.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
4. Possess the ability to organize work effectively, manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines, and careful attention to detail.
1. Background experience conducting Hospital Chargemaster maintenance and/or using a software tool.
2. Coding Certificate such as RHIA, RHIT, COC, CPC or CIC.
3. Experience with Hospital Patient Accounting Systems such as STAR, Cerner, Epic or other clinical/feeder systems.