Lead Healthcare IT Recruiter
Preferred Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Are you driven, personable and have excellent communication skills? Are you fueled by a passionate team, but also enjoy independent outreach and team development? Luckily for you, iMethods is looking to grow our close-knit team by hiring a Lead Healthcare IT Recruiter! As we employ our national expansion plan, we’re looking for hard-working individuals eager to take that next step in their career. With our culture being second-to-none, you’ll get the opportunity to engage with clients and candidates alike, all while leading an incredible team that loves to recognize, celebrate and support each other every step of the way.
This position will primarily drive the end-to-end recruitment process through screening, interviewing and placement. Whether it’s healthcare consulting, IT staff augmentation, permanent search services or new lines of business, the Lead Healthcare IT Recruiter plays a critical role in supporting business development and generating revenue growth from existing and newly formed relationships. Additionally, this position coordinates with Account Executives, Business Development Executives, members of the delivery team and the leadership team to ensure exceptional quality service is being delivered for our partners.
Aside from standard recruiter responsibilities, this position is also responsible for providing exceptional service to the team, both in a leadership and supporting capacity. As a Lead Healthcare IT Recruiter, you will have the opportunity to work with new recruiters on the team, mentoring them and sharing best practices as they hone their professional skill set.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit qualified applicants for a variety of Healthcare IT positions
- Develop new prospects and interact with existing network of Healthcare IT professionals to increase organizational revenue
- Maintain a database of prospective and current Healthcare IT professionals
- Define optimum recruitment methods to develop and maintain a highly qualified candidate pool
- Attend job fairs, internal meetings, marketing events and industry conferences, as needed
- Manage contracted employee relations to build the interpersonal relationships that set iMethods apart in the industry!
- Work closely with colleagues on the recruiting team to identify best practices for recruiting success and establish short/long-term recruiting goals
- Coordinate closely with Marketing to promote opportunities and find the right candidates for open positions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Initiative and drive to excel
- Ability to work independently, manage time well and remain focused
- Strong organizational and follow up skills (maintaining open communication with employees and following the 24-hour rule)
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to think through solutions as issues arise
- Desire for continuous improvement and enhanced efficiency
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface effectively with candidates, employees and business leaders at all levels
- Customer-focused attitude to work through issues in a fast-paced environment
- Sensitivity to company needs, employee goodwill, client needs and the public image
- Willing and able to take on special projects as needed
- Experience navigating Microsoft Office applications
Required Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in business or related field; or equivalent combination of education and/or 2-5 years of work experience
- Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures within healthcare IT
The job responsibilities and requirements listed in this job description are essential job functions. This job description in no way states and implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All employees of iMethods will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by their supervisor and/or the co-owners.