Human Resource Manager
iMethods is looking for a Human Resource unicorn.
We need a rare mix of incredible personality, work ethic, culture centric, attractor of top talent, intelligent, curious, fun and yet balanced with solid HR knowledge.
iMethods is experiencing rapid national growth and we need help keeping up. Specifically, we need help with:
- Internal recruiting – keeping a great pipeline of candidates that can be put into our rigorous hiring process
- Culture – support the core purpose and core values by intentionally building our culture (15 Best Place to Work Awards so far – currently ranked #1 in the country by Staffing Industry Analysts – no pressure)
- HR policy/labor relations – nothing to corporate crazy but down to earth / common sense kind of stuff
- Work closely with the payroll/finance and risk management folks to ensure alignment with HR
We offer outstanding pay, benefits, growth opportunities and a great place to work while building the best company in our industry.
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the Human Resource Manager:
The HR Manager will work as part of the HR and Finance team at iMethods. The responsibilities of this role are vast, involving internal recruiting, payroll administration, employee onboarding, accounting operations, and compliance to ensure that nothing is overlooked. A much-needed support to the senior Financial and HR management team, the HR Manager will be relied on for their detail-oriented processes and interpersonal skill to help administer various HR and Finance initiatives for internal and external personnel. This role is full time and reports to the VP of HR & People Development.
- Responsible for internal recruiting and hiring process including sourcing qualified candidates, phone screening, interviewing, and obtaining reference checks.
- Oversight and execution of all payroll related functions including audit hours and expenses in our time keeping system, input weekly payroll information in an excel spreadsheet and export to the Paycor system, Run and check report for errors and Submit.
- Download and save payroll reports from the Paycor system
- Prepare and send New Hire Paperwork through our online system
- Assist with planning and conducting new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Support all HR related questions and policies, employee relations challenges, communications related to HR initiatives, and other HR related activities
- Track double deductions of new employee benefits. Add to payroll 1st week of month they are effective. Add to payroll sheet, reimburse deductions (if needed) once an employee terminates.
- Account for any benefits deductions/reimbursements.
- Responsible for benefits management, including day to day management of new hire enrollment, existing employee benefits changes, open enrollment each year and COBRA administration
- Works as a resource to benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, vision, vacation, personal, and employee assistance
- Complete Employment Verifications as requested
- Oversight of I-9 compliance process. Audit and correct all I-9s, separate from EE file and put in I-9 binder.
- Follow and manage Worker’s Compensation process if an employee is injured
- Oversee reconciliation of internal PTO to allow maximum roll over hours for those eligible.
- Will take on special projects as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ideal applicant will contain excellent organizational skills, be able to multi task, be detail oriented, be able to work independently and contain self-discipline and focus
- Strong follow up skills, including following the 24 hour rule and maintaining open communication with all employees
- Excellent time management skills and ability to increase efficiency over time
- Authentic and natural people person, highly intelligent, and can be easily trained
- Staffing industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Have a hands-on approach and interface effectively with candidates, employees and business leaders at all levels
- Strong communication skills (both orally and in writing) with a customer focused attitude to work through payroll issues in a fast paced environment
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to think through solutions to multiple issues that may arise
- Willing and able to take on special projects as needed
- Experience navigating a payroll system and understanding menu driven platforms as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Knowledge of payroll processes and applicable rules and regulations governing this function
- Must be HR certified for 3+ years – PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
The job responsibilities and requirements listed in this job description are essential job functions. This job description in no way states and implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All employees of iMethods will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by their supervisor and/or the co-owners.